- Bachelor of Laws from Faculdade de Direito da Universidade de São Paulo (USP), 1998.
- Post-graduation in Economy and Business Law from Fundação Getúlio Vargas de São Paulo (FGV-SP).
Marcio has extensive experience in advising Brazilian and international corporate clients on a full range of transactions, both domestic and cross-border, including mergers, acquisitions, investments, joint ventures and collaborations, spinoffs and restructurings. Because of his strong tax background, he is able to take a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary approach to find creative solutions to clients’ complex problems in doing business in Brazil. He also represents companies in arbitration and mediation procedures.
- Author of the chapter about Brazilian Dispute Resolution of the book “Multi-Tiered Dispute Resolution Clauses”, from the International Bar Association Litigation Committee (IBA), 2015.
- Brochure “Getting the Deal Through – Tax on Inbound Investment 2016”, Law Business Research Ltd. London, 2015.
- Brochures “Getting the Deal Through – Tax Controversy”, Law Business Research Ltd. London, 2014 and 2015 editions.
- Article “Lokalkontent-regelungen”, of the book “Geschäftshandbuch Brasilien 2014/2015” from Deutsch-Brasilianische Industrie-und Handelskammer, 2014.
- Member of the International Bar Association (IBA).
- Member of the Deutsch-Brasilianische Industrie-und Handelskammer.
- Recommended by the Latin American Corporate Counsel Association (LACCA), 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
- Recognized as “Leading individual Lawyer” by Chambers and Partners and Chambers Latin America.
- Recommended by análise Advocacia 500 in 2019.
- Recommended by The Legal 500 in Tax Law and Corporate in 2021 and also previous Years.